Capacity to execute & lead aggressive company expansions into new territories. Ability to form strategic alliances, identify & secure lucrative partnerships & sales distribution channels in diverse industries, experience gained within 10 African countries: (Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Namibia & Sudan).
Well versed in managing complex business initiatives & ensuring the emergence of large Financial & Industrial org’s. despite competitive markets. Earned a public reputation as the ‘Genesis of Empowering Relationships’.
Experienced in leading ‘green’ start-ups, affordable financial banking & insurance, product development & large distribution Co’s: Ferreira Group in South Africa and Penrich (Pty) Ltd. in Botswana and grew to become a market leader and supplier of quality financial products to the merging market through developing and implementing innovative a Consumer Partnership Model and which resulted in achieving a listing value of ZAR636m as well as a committed customer base of 3,000,000 with 97% retention. Concluded skilled negotiations, successfully secured the acquisition of Unibank Holdings for R1.3b cash which led to listing a new entity UniFer (abbr. for Unibank and Ferreira) on the JSE financial services sector & which presented increased share earnings of 55% and improved the market cap from ZAR1.3b within yr 1 to close to ZAR4b by yr 3, as well as reducing cost-to-income to below 33% & negotiated 7% buy-in from Liberty Life (ZAR50b market cap company), for ZAR150m. As Group Executive Director, initiated, structured and executed transactions (51% acquisition by Absa, ZAR100b Market cap company) of UniFer Holdings share capital (R1.32b cash - two fold our price paid prelisting), 24 months before acquired remainder 49% - this was the 2nd largest acquisition ever in the existence of a leading bank (ABSA) within a period of 50 years.
As 100% shareholder, de-listed UniFer Holdings, securing R3b to further grow UniFer’s Loan book. Successfully negotiated multimillion Rand buy-back, & directed the turn-around as Group MD of consumer Services Co. comprising of a 30% Management consortium & a Consumer consortium comprising of 4 trade union investments Co’s. Known for providing innovative solutions to support making increasingly complex decisions as well as having a proven success record in identifying profit bearing opportunities in the undeserved markets.
Widely known for a flawless execution in connecting with consumers to ensure creating innovative solutions and realizing sustainable value through providing them with fact based strategic insights. Owner of strategically placed and cemented relationships of trust with labor unions and senior African political role players and including business decision makers - developed over a period of 21 years within South-Africa and across the African continent. Served on the South African President’s Advisory Committee for 3 years.
Successfully over-coming personal challenge through perseverance, commitment, self-motivation and determination resulting in developing a profound understanding of people confronted with severe challenges and obstacles.
Appointed at the age of 22 yrs old (Sanlam) exceeded a 6 figure commission income over 4 consecutive years through commission pay-outs. Accompanied CEO as part of Komkamp Team on overseas trips.
Sought after motivational speaker through known visionary skills at higher institutions of learning, as well as to local & international audiences.